Monday, December 9, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

I thought what better time than now to reflect on a few of my favorite moments from the past year, like an "Oprah's Favorite Things" kind of post...

Every year around this time, I see Oprah's "Favorite Things" issue while I am waiting in line to check out in the grocery store. This year, it got me thinking about what my list would be. I am going to compile two lists: One will be my list of "things" and the other is what happened in my life this year. My rule is going to be five items in each list.

Here we go... are you ready? As my dad used to say, "Hang on to your bloomers!"

Things

  1. My Jenny and Tyler For Freedom CD.
    • My hubby got me this for my birthday. I love this duo. I love the reason behind this CD. All of the proceeds from this album go to organizations that fight human trafficking. You have to check them out, they are wonderful!
  2. My subscription to All You Magazine.
    • I renew every year and I never regret it. I love the coupons, the recipes, and the articles. It really is a magazine for every woman. I look forward to getting it every month.
  3. My patchwork quilt that belonged to my Grandma.
    • Nothing makes me quite so comfortable as a blankie. I have been a blankie girl from way back. You can my family about my woobie tales from when I was little. Not much has changed since those days. I love a good blanket and so does my little Gracie, except she calls her's her "Buddy".
  4. Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte.
    • This one really needs no explanation. It's just yummy.  It is a guilty pleasure.  Although, since I am pregnant I do make sure to get it decaf.
  5. My photo album of ultrasound pictures of our little punkin'.
    • I have had quite a few ultrasounds this pregnancy. It is so neat to be able to see our little Eiley grow so much! It is truly amazing to see her sweet little face!
My Life 

  1. Getting pregnant with Eiley.
    • I was starting to think that we were going to be a one child family. I really wanted another baby. Ached would probably be a better word for it.  I really felt like Hannah from the Bible. (I wrote another post about that.) Then God decided to bless us with another little girl! We feel so blessed to have this opportunity! We just can't wait to meet her!
  2. Being able to be a stay-at-home-mom.
    • I wrote a post about this one too, but it truly has been wonderful to be able to be home with Gracie.  At the time of writing this post I will have been home for eight months.  It has had it's ups and downs, but for the most part, it has been awesome. I believe it was what God meant for me.
  3. Going on our first family vacation.
    • I consider it our first vacation, although my hubby doesn't. We went out of state for a wedding in the summer. It was definitely an experience and we both agreed on that! It was fun, but tiring. And I say any occasion to stay in a hotel and swim is a vacation!
  4. Turning 30
    • This one is rather bittersweet for me. I never imagined that I would have so many blessings in my life by the time I hit this milestone. I also never imagined that "adult life" would be so very hard at times. I feel like I've gone through a lot to get me to this point in my life, lots of learning experiences. I wouldn't trade them for anything, they let me know where I've been and where to go now!
  5. My Husband
    • Last but definitely not least. My husband David has been a trooper this year. As you can see our lives have been very full this year and he has managed to help along every step of the way. I love this man with all of my heart and I am so appreciative of his support, love, and understanding. He is truly my best friend, my rock, and my one and only. (I love you honey!)
So there you have my list of favorites for this year. I encourage all of you to sit down and write out a list of your own. It really does make you very grateful for all that you have, and all that you've been through in the last year. Lets face it, as women, we sometimes examine our lives under a microscope. I implore you to zoom out a little and see the bigger picture.

I would love to hear from you about your favorite things from this year! Please share in the comments below or on my Facebook page. I can't wait to share more of my happenings with you this coming year, as I am sure there will be plenty with a new baby in our lives.

Until then,
Wen


No comments:

Post a Comment