Monday, December 30, 2013

My Gems

Alrighty, I have been reading a book called Start by Jon Acuff. It is so inspirational and it really makes you look at your dreams in a way to make them actually look achievable! I am loving all of the stories that he relays to make things seem feasible.


Every year, at New Year I think about my "resolutions," this year I only have one...To Be Awesome!  I mean to achieve my dreams and so-called resolutions I am going to be awesome.  No more just sitting and hoping.  I am going to do it!  I am going to be the best wife, mother, and homemaker that I can be.

There was a story that I just read in the book that talked about how there are these roadside places to "mine gems".  Jon said that on a vacation he stopped at one of these places with his family. They "mined" that day simple rocks that were labeled gems, they washed what they collected and put them in a plastic bag for their children to play with. They were nothing more than rocks.  He said that he often felt that his wife and children were just rocks to him as of late, when in reality they should truly be gems. How often have I felt this way?  My family should be the things that sparkle the most in my life, not just shoved in a plastic bag out of view and not valued.

So this coming year I am going to place value on my husband and my children.  I am not going to just sit around waiting for my awesome, I am grabbing it and claiming it right now.  I encourage all of you to really take stock in your dream. If you don't know what it is, I suggest that you read this book to give you a push in the right direction and light a fire under your tush!

In the comments below I want you to tell me something that you are dreaming of doing but don't have the courage to do.  I want to encourage and pray for you.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Until then,
Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment