Monday, December 16, 2013

Time Flies... When You're Having a Baby

Woohoo!
I am finally in my third trimester. I can't believe that this pregnancy has gone this fast! It does seem to go slower day by day, and as I look back it feels like an eternity since I took that positive test over six months ago.



I have noticed very different things in this pregnancy over my pregnancy with Gracie. My morning sickness was much worse. I think this had to do with not working this time. When I worked during my first pregnancy it kept my mind off of the yuckies. I had a lot of time to "think" about all of the "normal" pregnancy woes this go around. All of the aches and the pains. I will say that they are all worth it to me though. I wouldn't trade them for anything (except my baby at the end!)
 
Another thing I've noticed is I am much more protective of myself. I freak out over EVERYTHING! This is, I'm sure, due to the fact that I had a miscarriage. I find myself resting (a lot), eating much healthier, and just moving slower in general as to not trip over my own feet (I am such a klutz). I thank God for giving me the good sense (and my husband to force me) to take it easy.

I am currently finding myself scrambling around trying to do all that I need to before she comes. I know I still have time but I am such a procrastinator! I wait 'til the last minute for everything. If you don't believe me just ask David! God love him, he puts up with quite a lot!

That brings me to my next little ramble...
David has been so wonderful through this pregnancy, just as he was with Gracie's. He fed me when I couldn't get up to make anything. He took care of chores that I couldn't do. (By the way, any man that will clean YOUR cat's litter box is a keeper!) He parented for both of us in that first trimester when I was so sleepy I could barely move. He is such a help-mate! He's truly my other half. Major shout out to all of you who are a single parent. I would feel like I am parenting without an arm if I didn't have my honey. (Thanks babe! I LOVE you. You're my favorite!)

So the short of all of this is, this pregnancy has gone so fast. It has been trying at times, but I can't wait to see the beauty that all of this pain is producing.

I'm sure there will be a few more preggie posts before our Little One comes...

Until then,
Wen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment