Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Hannah Moment


  First of all, I want to thank my family for making my Mother's Day wonderful!  A special thanks to my 'Princess GiGi" and "Daddy the King" for a very special day!  God truly hand picked you both for me!
  With that said I did have an emotional day... Still want to be a mama again so badly!
 Our church service today just reinforced determination and hope!  The story of Hannah and Samuel.  I read this story a little while after the miscarriage and thought wow that Hannah had some great faith,  I now realize that it was much more than that.  It was determination, and hope.  She was adamant about God giving her a son, and the whole point was for Hannah to give Samuel back to Him!  I want to make a point to daily give my children back to Him!
  We dedicated G when she was only a few weeks old and I have decided to be proactive in re-dedicating her and our future children on a daily or multi-daily basis, because you had better bet your sweet bippie Satan is already working overtime figuring out ways to trip them up and whisper his lies in their ears!
  Oh, in the middle of that last paragraph my computer just completely had a "blue screen of death" moment and turned off!  HA! Satan you won't stop me from saying what I am going to do! And Praise the Lord for auto-save!
  So back to Hannah and what the sermon said to me this morning...Pastor said that the highest calling of a mother is not being a nurse to heal your children's wounds, although that is important.  Not to be a guide, though that is needed at times.  The highest calling of a mother is to give that child back to God!  And we do that though every "God moment" and prayer you share with and for your child!
  Also another thing that was ministered to me through another godly mama this morning was we (David and I) are believing for more children soon... eventually....blah,blah, blah... but we need to just believe now!  God does give us the desires of our hearts and we should always believe for the best!  He is a good and just God, He doesn't want His children living off scraps from His table!  He wants us to share the joy of the "good stuff" with Him!  Just like every good parent!
  Praise You Father God for ALWAYS being faithful and loving!  You amaze me with Your goodness!
  So more later with our month of meals, and maybe some preschool things we've been doing with G.
Until then...Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment