Monday, May 7, 2012

Monthly Meal Plan- Building Blocks & Meal 1

  Wow, I am so tired today!  Finally finished my monthly cooking and got to enjoy the fruit of my labor today.  I started the cooking last Friday.
 They said one can get it done all in one day...I laugh at that!  Especially if you have a small child that is clingy!  Anyway... Started on Friday with a rice pilaf and tomato sauce.  I finished those and got them in the freezer.  On Saturday I had to work and then go to my mom's house to roast everything else. (her oven works and mine does not, it's a long story)  So here are the building blocks of my monthly meal plan (MMP).



       
Rice Pilaf

5 C. Brown Rice
1 1/2 lbs Peas
2 Large Onions

Tomato Sauce

4 28 oz cans Crushed Tomatoes
6 Cloves Garlic minced
1 Large Onion
1 C Beef Stock

Simmer for 2 hours

 So the roasting was pretty uneventful but long, and hot!  Not complaining though, it is going to be so worth it! 



Butternut Squash

2 Large Squash
EVOO
S&P
Roast for 30-40 minutes
400 F

Roasted Chicken

4# Chicken Breast
4# Chicken Thighs
Paprika
2 Lemons
Thyme
EVOO

Roast for 50-55 minutes
400 F

Roasted Peppers and Onions

9 Bell Peppers
3 Large Onions
EVOO
S&P

Roast for 30-40 minutes
400 F

Roasted Pork

10# Pork Loin
Zest of 2 Lemons
6 Cloves Garlic
1 C. White Wine

Roast 30 minutes
400 F


  And we finally enjoyed our first meal tonight!  Spanish rice with shrimp.  (Strimp, as Gracie says it)  She did not care for those 'strimp" but she really loved all of the rice and veggies.  My lil vegetarian.  David and I really enjoyed it and we decided that the next time we make it we are going to make it spicier.

Spanish Shrimp and Rice

4 C. Rice Pilaf
20-30 Cleaned Shrimp
1 C. Peppers
1 C. Tomato Sauce
Black Olives
Cajun Seasoning*

*Added later


  So excited to cook tomorrow night! And can't wait to post for all of you guys!  If you have any questions leave comments below!  Until tomorrow...Wen



1 comment: