Friday, December 16, 2011

LOOK AT THE ANT



  Well, today I feel kinda blah.  I think I may have stayed up too late last night.  It may have also been the 3:15 a.m. wake up from G wanting more milk, or David talking to me in his sleep about wanting to make sure that I was "there" and some other mumbo- jumbo that he was talking about.  I really have had a hard time sleeping lately.
  I think after 4 years of marriage it is a shock to my system that David is now on midnights.  Kinda weird though because he has been on this shift for over half the year.  It's just weird to sleep by myself.  I say that and it's also weird to have him home too.  Hard to sleep either way.  Some nights he is there and other nights at work so my body is having a  hard time adjusting, again weird because he's been on thirds for a while now.  Dunno!  I really miss snuggling.  Someone told me to relish sleeping in before I had Gracie because I wouldn't do it again for a really long time. I am starting to wish I had listened to that advice.

  So thinking about sleep and work I started to ponder the story about the ant in Proverbs  6:
"You lazy fool, look at the ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two.  Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions.  So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing?  How long before you get out of bed?  A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy- do you not know what comes next?  Just this: you can look forward to a dirt-poor life, poverty your permanent house guest. " Proverbs 6:6-11

  I think what I am learning is just this: I need to stop being lazy!  Not to say that I need to be so busy that I don't rest, but I need to work harder while I am working so I can enjoy my time to relax.

  I will leave you with this verse:
 "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep shall be sweet."
Proverbs 3:24

  God bless you all.  I hope you all sleep well tonight!
~Wen~

No comments:

Post a Comment