Wednesday, December 21, 2011

FINALLY!



I am really ready for Christmas now.  I am very much a procrastinator and David and I have been working a lot so our tree is finally up!  Gracie loved it!  She got to put the "bob's" (bulbs) on the tree by herself, as they were plastic.
  We talked about why we celebrate Christmas, the birth our Savior.  She was really intrigued by Jesus' parents.  We have been talking about this since Thanksgiving but only today has she asked questions.  Gracie learns best when she is able to have her questions answered and I feel the hubby and I planted a seed tonight with Gracie.  At bedtime we brush teeth, put on cutesy pajamas, and read a bedtime story, after all of this we always pray over her.  And she prays (sometimes for a stuffed animal)  but mostly for the people she loves...Mommy, Daddy, Grandparents and always, ALWAYS Zeq!  Zeq is Gracie's cousin who is 2 weeks younger and she loves him like a brother!  He is so sweet, and squeezable! But every night (even if I forget, like mommies often do) Gracie, with the memory of an elephant prays for Ezequiel!  So after we prayed that God would keep Zeqer safe and healthy, Gracie said something that I want to remember forever!  She said, "Mommy, it makes my heart happy to pray for Zeker! Doesn't that make Jesus happy?"  Oh my goodness, I melted!  I told her that it made Jesus very happy.  FINALLY , I feel like she is getting it.  She often tells me that she has Jesus in her heart.  I am so excited to finally be seeing a small harvest in Gracie.  It's moments like these that make me so thankful to be a mommy!  So I can't wait to teach her more.  It really is amazing when you see your child "get it".  May the Lord bless you mommies (and daddies) who read this!  Be encouraged that what you do, and all you do is not in vain!  Your purpose is great!  Keep the Faith!
~Wen~

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." ~Jesus~         John 16: 33

No comments:

Post a Comment