Thursday, December 15, 2011

BLESSINGS!



  Today I have really been thinking about all the blessings in my life.  I am the kind of person that complains 75 percent of the time.  I really dislike this un-quality in my life I would like to change that.  So to start I am reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts.  It is a book about literally counting your blessing and being thankful for them right now.
  I will say it is an eye opener.  I can say I really do love life, but life gets me down a lot and so I complain.  It is a vicious circle!  I am right now purposing to change.  My God is big!  With Him all things are possible!  I have to learn to be thankful.  I wasn't born that way, I was born with a sin nature.  That's why I need my Jesus, He's my reason to be thankful!  Ann says in her book: " It takes a full 20 minutes after your stomach is full for your brain to register satiation.  How long does it take for your soul to realize that your life is full?"  I sure am ready to find out!

  My thousand gifts for today:
1.  The smell of rain still falling.
2.  Coffee brewing at work.
3.  My sweet hubby leaving notes for me in unexpected places. And for doing things around the house when I text him from work.  He is a great help!
4.  The smell of my Gracie's hair.
5. Quiet in the house at night.

  I will periodically put an update of where I am on my list of One Thousand Gifts.  I encourage those of you who follow me to pick up a copy, sit down in the evening with your coffee, tea, or cocoa and read along with me.  I guarantee you will find more joy in your life, I know I have.  Be blessed reading this and be a blessing to those around you!

  ~Wen~

No comments:

Post a Comment