Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quiet Time Spoken Loudly

  I woke up this morning to a new sense of hope and encouragement.  I had written last Mother's Day about Hannah.  Her story has inhabited my brain ever since.
 I sat in my quiet moment this morning reminiscing again, mulling her story over in my mind and the two questions that are constantly on my mind are, "What did Hannah do to find favor with God?"   And  "Why did He answer her prayer?"  I got my answer this morning!

  I was  trying to think of what I could do with Gracie today, you know an activity, something fun.  So I hopped on Pinterest. (Bad Wen, Bad)  Anyway... I found an old pin that I pinned last year.  It was how a mother prays for her children.  This mother has a hand made from felt of all of her children in her Bible with the verse that she is praying over them for the year, she linked to where she gets some of the verses.  So I followed the link, unknowing that I was about to have a divine Q & A session with my Father this morning.  I found the link led to a book called Praying the Scriptures for Your Children, by Jodie Berndt.  I was able to browse this book and several key scriptures unlocked my long awaited questions.  "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."  John 15:7  and "Then the Lord said to me, You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word."  Jeremiah 1:12  It was just like I said, a key unlocked the door to those questions in my mind.  Hannah was abiding in the Lord, she was consistently seeking his face for a child.  BAM! I have not been abiding, I have been worrying.

  So I have started fresh, I want to abide in my Savior!  And I most certainly want Him to abide in me!

  I am going to purchase the book I mentioned above and maybe review it in a later post,  But I am going to start praying with a purpose for my children!  (Before I get comments about the plural of that statement, no I am not pregnant, yet.  I believe that the Lord is preparing me for more than one child.  So I claim "children" in advance!)  I do pray for my lil Bird but I feel sometimes the prayers are generic, not that I don't mean them, they just feel stale.  So I am starting anew!  Fresh!

More to come later!
Until then,
Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment