Friday, October 28, 2011

HALLOWEEN

  So this post will probably end up rambly... 

  I've had a lot on my plate lately.  Halloween is quickly approaching and my husband and I have been working on a costume for our daughter.  It all started with the "what do you want to be for Halloween" conversation with Gracie about 3 weeks ago.  She saw a picture in the Target ad for a pink Batgirl costume.  She remembered it and told us and I quote "I want to be Batgirl so I can wear a mask and use my super-powers!"  I think David shed a proud tear over that one!  I think we were expecting something like a princess, or some other froofy, dolled up thing.  In my husband's eyes Gracie had surpassed all of her tomboy tendencies and made him a proud papa!  We are big comic book fans around here. Yep we're geeks, or are we nerds?  I can never remember which is the better of the two to be. (please leave comments! lol!)

  So I am curious... How do y'all do the Halloween thing?  We are Christians and believe Jesus came so we don't have to be afraid of  death, hell, and destruction.  My husband and I also think that Trick-or-Treating is harmless and it's a fun way for Gracie to dress up and have fun.  We in no way condone the reason Halloween came about or do we celebrate evil.   So, your thoughts please!

 I think that's all for now.  I'll be back again soon with pics of "G."

1 comment:

  1. We have a harvest party at church were we can dress up in costumes and play fall-type games, and on Halloween we do a trunk-or-treat where people decorate their cars and do trick or treating in the church parking lot :) it seems a lot safer than going door-to-door ... I love hearing about what's going on in your life!

    Shoshannah

    ReplyDelete