Friday, October 14, 2011

AND THEN THERE WERE FOUR (YEARS THAT IS)

  So yesterday my hubby and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.  We had already celebrated this past weekend with a trip to Indy to Beef and Boards, but I couldn't just have a boring day  So I decided to make it a little special.  First I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast - a real treat for Gracie and my husband.  They both love it!  I was making the gravy and Gracie asked me what I was making breakfast for                  (breakfast usually is something a little more simple like cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and fruit for example).  I told her that today (yesterday) is a special day for Daddy and me.  She told me that it was her special day TOO!  I asked her why, and this was the reply: "Well Mommy, you are making biscuits and gravy today so it's my special day."  That made me giggle, which made her giggle.  Oh how I love her giggle!  I love how toddlers make you just stop sometimes to see how simple things can be.  It made her day that I made biscuits and gravy.  Maybe I need to do that more...

  I made gnocchi with chicken with a really good sauce.  We had a nice salad and bread too.  German chocolate cake for dessert. YUM-O!  I really love to cook! And cooking for my family makes me feel like I am loving on them a little.

  "Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise."  - Proverbs 31:28 (Msg)

No comments:

Post a Comment