Monday, March 19, 2012

OH-BEDIENCE, WHERE COULD YOU BE?!

  About a month ago we were putting Gracie to bed and it was a bad night!  I mean really bad.  Kicking, screaming, pleading (by Gracie), spanking, like I said it was bad.
She finally settled down after she told us she wanted her stuffed baby seal, and of course we couldn't find it anywhere.  In her frustration Gracie yelled out..."Oh seal, where could you be?"  David and I made a hasty exit and laughed so hard.  It was a twenty minute seal hunt, but we were successful in finding that baby seal.
 Something that occurred to me is that sometimes as parents we try to find obedience like we hunted for that baby seal.  It is illusive on occasion especially when there is lack of sleep involved.
  So today we experienced a no obedience day, it felt like at every turn we were correcting, and disciplining.  It was really frustrating and really made me think, is this how God feels when we are disobedient and need correcting?  Does He get really frustrated with us?  Does He wish that we would finally "get it?"  Does He rejoice when we do?  Does He yell in frustration "Oh-bedience, where could you be?"  It really put it into perspective for me.
  So with God's help I will teach my daughter how to be obedient by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment